The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic has not only caused a threat to health and life but has also adversely affected the economy due to which every sector including the automobile industry is in the state of complete halt. Amidst the difficult times, automobile industries have ensured to render after sales services to the customers.
1. 17 April - Nissan announces a month grace period for free services and also an extension in warranties expiring during the lockdown along with a special service package including emergency roadside assistance.
2. April 16 - Kawaski gives an extension in motorcycle warranty expiring in-between 1 March to 30 April 2020. Warranty extended till 30 June 2020.
Read Also:- Auto Sales in India Can Recover by 2022
3. April 14 - Maruti announces extension in warranty expiring in-between 15 March - 30 April 2020 until 30 June 2020. The brand is sending tips via SMS to customers on keeping the car healthy during the lockdown.
4. April 14 - Volvo car warranty expiring in-between 22 March - 3 May extended till 30 June 2020.
5. April 13 - Royal Enfield gives 2 months extension after lockdown for free services and warranties expiring between 22 March to 14 April.
6. April 13 - Volkswagen extends enhanced vehicle protection plans, benefits on purchasing a new model, as well as extended warranties. Offer valid till June 30 2020.
7. April 13 - Renault gives relaxation in warranty, periodic service schedule of cars (during lockdown) and online bookings via Renault App with zero booking payment.
8. April 7 - Ford India gives extension in warranty expiring in-between 15 March - 30 May 2020 till 30 June 2020. The extension applies to car free services. 24 hrs roadside assistance to all the users.
Read Also:- Hero Group extends the monetary aid of Rs. 100 Crore towards coronavirus relief funds
9. April 7 - HeroMotoCorp gives extension in warranty and free services till 30 June 2020. The company offers roadside assistance permitted by local authorities.
April 7 - KTM gives extension in warranty and free services (expiring in March, April or May) till 30 June 2020.
10. April 6 - Toyota announces extension in warranty, free services for new car buyers till 31 May 2020. Also roadside assistance and free emergency support (till 15 days after lockdown) for those who have no coverage. Services like vehicle inspection, cabin care, tire and battery services will be given at special prices after lockdown.
11. April 3 - Kia announces to give free services till July 2020. Also extension in service period for those vehicles whose service is scheduled during lockdown span.
12. 1 April - Audi announces 2 months extension in service period for customers whose packages are ending during the lockdown.
13. 1 April - Honda announces extension in free services expiring during lockdown by 2 months (post-lockdown). The same is for warranties.
14. 1 April - Bajaj Auto gives extension in free services and warranties expiring between March 20 to April 30, 2020, till 31 May 2020.
15. 31 March - Isuzu to extend the warranty period for customers whose vehicle warranty date is expiring in between March 15 to April 15 2020.
16. March 30 - Volkswagen gives an extension in warranty and free services expiring between 22 March - Mid-May. Warranty extended till 31 July 2020. A standard warranty of 60 days could be purchased if ending in between 22 March to April 15.
17. March 29 - Yamaha announces 2 months extension for free services expiring in between March 15 and April 15. Warranties expiring in the same period will also be extended till June last.
18. March 28 - TVS gives to its 2 wheeler owners the chance to avail free services till June (if expiring in March or April 2020). Same goes with warranty. RSA facility is also given to the owners.
19. March 23 - TATA Motors to extend the OE warranty period and free services (that expire in between March 15 and May 31, 2020) till 31 July 2020.
20. Marc 20. h 20 - Hyundai India gives 60 days extended warranty (if expiring in the lockdown period). The same goes with free services. 24x7 Roadside assistance plus 1000+ Doorstep Advantage bikes and emergency road-service cars.