YU Televentures is an Indian consumer electronics brand founded on 18 December 2014 as a joint venture of Cyanogen Inc and Micromax Informatics Limited. It must be noted that the YU Televentures holds official Cyanogen OS rights in India. Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma owns 99% of the stake in this company while the remaining 1% is held by two other co-founders, Vikas Jain and Sumeet Arora.
YU is a new age innovation brand that endeavors to work with the group to make an ecosystem of associated devices. YU has been created with the aim to give a remarkable product experience while offering differentiated services that is determined to deliver consumer satisfaction. The YU Televentures has the vision to enable users with innovation that gives them a chance to have unparalleled flexibility to write their own rules. The company states that YU is an empowering agent that permits you to accomplish more than you thought possible and express your innate creativity.