The Aadhaar number has become an important document that serves as an identity card and address proof. The government has also made it mandatory to link Aadhaar number with PAN, bank accounts and more. The ongoing Aadhaar-mobile SIM card re-verification process has just become little easier for people across the country. Consumer can now dial a central number, to link their mobile number with Aadhaar number. This will bring relief for consumers across the country,they don’t need to visit offline stores run by the mobile operators to link Aadhaar to mobile, instead, they can use the IVR service from the comfort of their homes. Consumer will now need to link your mobile number to Aadhar before February 6, 2018. The facility is now live with Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular.
How to link Aadhaar with mobile phone number
Linking Aadhaar with mobile number has become very easy. You just need to have your Aadhaar number to do this process.You simply call the toll-free number 14546 from your mobile, whether you are on Airtel, Idea, Jio, and Vodafone or any other operator.
Follow these steps, as directed by the IVR, to complete the re-verification process. These steps help you complete the re-verification process using IVR:
- When you call 14546, you will have to first select whether you are an Indian national or an NRI, from the given options.
- You will then need to give approval to link Aadhaar with your mobile phone number, by pressing 1.
- Now you need to enter your Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm.
- This step generates the OTP, which will be sent to your mobile number.
- Here, You will then be asked to give permission to your operator to access your name, photo and date of birth from the UIDAI database.
- The IVR now mentions the last four digits of your mobile number to confirm that you have typed the correct number.
- If the number provided by you is correct, you can enter the OTP you received on SMS.
- You should enter 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number re-verification process
- If you hold another phone number, you can link that number by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system.